2018.12.10 Meeting Minutes
GREEN GARDEN TOWNSHIP
LEVY HEARING/REGULAR MEETING
DECEMBER 10, 2018
The regular meeting was called to order by Supervisor Nolan at 7:04p.m.
In attendance were Trustees Wagner, Hellriegel, Newton, Standish, Commissioner Massat, Supervisor
Nolan, and Clerk Coffey.
The Pledge of Allegiance was recited.
Clerk Coffey read the minutes of the regular meeting held November 12, 2018. There was a motion to
approve the minutes by Trustee Wagner, with a second by Trustee Standish. Voice vote: Motion carried.
PUBLIC COMMENTS – None
● Chairman Murday’s Comprehensive Plan meeting with Trustees to be rescheduled.
● Jan. 7, 2019 Map Amendment for property at 8686 Dralle Rd. from A-1 to E-1 before Planning
Commission. Commissioner Massat asks if there will be a split of PIN? Don responds, “entrance
on 88th, sounds like split to 5 acres (from 22). Estate may split in future for in-laws”. Bob reminds
of 33ft easement as well as 7ft County requirement.
● Pre-application before County regarding property on 45 near Bruns. 5-10 year plan to include
growth & selling of Christmas trees, build home, going Commercial if tree farm prospers. May
acquire adjacent property as well.
● Planning Commission wishes all a Merry Christmas & Happy New Year.
HIGHWAY REPORT – Nothing
● Trustee Newton reports 2019 Board & Planning Commission meeting schedules on website.
● Mrs. Bushong back on track with the Assessor’s Office. Attended appeal hearings, Quadrennial
year – review every parcel, lots of work to do. Software access would be beneficial at this point.
Supervisor Nolan wishes to move forward with “PAMS” program.
● Mr. Copeland brings up subject of assessments for multi-family homes & the impact. Suggests
support from the Sheriff’s Dept., Fire Dept., & Schools.
● Trustee Wagner speaks of property next to the Tack Shop concerned the 15ft berm on C-2 may
bring conceal & carry, shooting, and training guard dogs. Worried owner will ask for variance to
shoot. County responds no shooting on C-2, however no ordinance limit on berm height. Trustee
Wagner would like to adopt a berm resolution and also make the change within the
● AFR complete. Audit complete, will file with County, not yet filed with State (state website not
accepting filings yet). Levied for 4.999% this year, 35,000.00 increase. Switched General
OLD BUSINESS – None
● Amendment to Comprehensive Plan tabled.
● Trustee Wagner read proposed Resolution 2018-01 (See Attached). There was a motion to adopt
Resolution 2018-01 For The Support Of Managing The Size And Placement Of Berms In
Developments Within Green Garden Township by Trustee Wagner with a second by Trustee
Newton. Roll call vote: Wagner, yes; Newton, yes; Standish, yes; Hellriegel, yes; Nolan, yes.
Motion carried 5-0.
● Supervisor Nolan read the Annual Township Tax Levy Ordinance TF-2018-02 for the tax year
2018 collectible in 2019. He then read the Road District Tax Levy Ordinance RB-2018-02 for tax
year 2018 collectible in 2019. There were no questions or comments from those in attendance.
● There was a motion to adopt Township Tax Levy Ordinance TF-2018-02 by Trustee Hellriegel,
with a second by Trustee Wagner. Roll call vote: Hellriegel, yes; Wagner, yes; Newton, yes;
Standish, yes; Nolan, yes. Motion carried 5-0.
● There was a motion to adopt Road District Tax Levy Ordinance RB-2018-02 by Trustee Wagner,
with a second by Trustee Standish. Roll call vote: Wagner, yes; Standish, yes; Newton, yes;
Hellriegel, yes; Nolan, yes. Motion carried 5-0.
Supervisor Nolan asked for a motion to enter into Executive Session. Trustee Wagner made the motion,
with a second by Trustee Hellriegel.
The board returned from Executive Session at 8:43p.m.
There was a motion to adjourn the regular meeting by Trustee Wagner, with a second by Trustee
Hellriegel. Voice vote: Motion carried.
Meeting adjourned at 8:44p.m.
Susan Coffey, Clerk