2019.04.08 Meeting Minutes
GREEN GARDEN TOWNSHIP
APRIL 8, 2019
The regular meeting was called to order by Supervisor Nolan at 7:00 p.m.
The Pledge of Allegiance was recited.
In attendance were Trustees Newton, Wagner, Standish, Commissioner Massat, Supervisor Nolan, and
Clerk Coffey. Trustee Hellriegel attended voucher signing, excused to attend another meeting.
Clerk Coffey read the minutes of the regular meeting held March 11, 2019. There was a motion to
approve the minutes by Trustee Wagner with a second by Trustee Standish. Voice vote: Motion
● Fire District discussion regarding Frankfort & Monee service area on 88th Ave. Buddy Schultz’s
property being the dividing line.
PLANNING COMMISSION – Chairman Murday unable to attend.
HIGHWAY COMMISSIONER’S REPORT – None
● “Will Ride” coordinator Wendi Garlich to attend May meeting.
● Comprehensive Plan update, nothing to report. Trustees Standish and Wagner to meet again
with Chairman Murday.
● Trustee Newton presents “Dollars for Scholars” asking for donation to PHS, citing Peotone
Township & Wilton Township donates. Board thinks donations are not allowed. Supervisor
Nolan to further investigate.
● Projected distribution from County being $229,195.00 Township and $749,000.00 Road District.
● Supervisor Nolan preparing accounts for end of fiscal year and audit.
● Supervisor Nolan received over $12,000.00 in checks from the IRS, another one received today
over $3,000.00. Thought being these are not refunds, but 2015 & 2016 back year clean-up and
form 941 had not caught up with the payments. Prior Supervisor Mueller was filing at that point,
without form 941 – IRS may think we overpaid. Supervisor Nolan deposited in Road District
account. Trustee Newton inquired what CPA advised? Supervisor Nolan to follow up.
NEW BUSINESS – None
OLD BUSINESS – None
There was a motion to adjourn the meeting by Trustee Standish with a second by Trustee Newton.
Voice vote: Motion carried.
Meeting adjourned at 7:22 p.m.
Susan Coffey, Clerk