2019.05.13 Meeting Minutes
GREEN GARDEN TOWNSHIP
MAY 13, 2019
The regular meeting was called to order by Supervisor Nolan at 7:01 p.m.
The Pledge of Allegiance was recited
In attendance were Trustees Wagner, Standish, Newton, Hellriegel, Commissioner Massat, Supervisor
Nolan, and Clerk Coffey.
Clerk Coffey read the minutes of the regular meeting held April 8, 2019. There was a motion to approve the
minutes by Trustee Wagner with a second by Trustee Newton. Voice vote: Motion carried.
● Wendi Garlich, mobility manager for “Will-Ride” was in attendance to explain program & answer
● Green Garden Township, one of few not participating in program.
● 16 passenger busses coming out of Alsip, using scheduling software based on booking, also offering
● Riders qualify under RTA or NEIL grants. Example given, RTA cost per trip at 50%:
○ Total cost / total rides per month. Starts at $38 to $42 paid by township. After applying grants
and $2 to $4 donations, average cost to Township $10 to $12 a ride one way. Another
example given was $25 round trip.
● Questions: Jim asked if we can restrict to Dr. appointments only? Wendi suggests set policy
beforehand. Cherie asked best way to reach residents, due to many not using internet. Answer:
May still post on website and word of mouth. Bill asks, which fund “Town” or “General Assistance?”
Answer: To be decided. Russ questioned insurance. Answer: Pace carries insurance.
● Examples of other Township costs:
○ Peotone budgets $3000 a year (not to exceed). Crete about $500-$600 a month. Monee
about $200-$300 a month. Washington about $70 a month.
● “Call Center” handles scheduling, Township need to approve (usually the Supervisor), Calculation
agreement, with a 60 day “out” clause.
● Wendi Garlich was thanked. Board tabled for now, Supervisor Nolan to contact TOI on how to
proceed. “Will-Ride” pamphlets attached.
● Water issues on 88th Ave reported by Monroe Striggow & Buddy Schultz. Neighbors ponds not
holding water, washing over road & Striggow’s field. Commissioner Massat responds “County’s
problem.” Monroe responds, water on road is Township’s. Buddy said “cleaning culvert to north
PLANNING COMMISSION – Don unable to attend.
HIGHWAY COMMISSIONER’S REPORT – None
TRUSTEE’S REPORT – None
● Budgets need to be handed out. Supervisor Nolan stated, pretty much the same as last year, very
much in line, budget ending at $25000.00. Assessor aspect looked at the most.
● “Will-Ride” tabled.
● Budget tabled.
● Trustee Newton discussed purchasing a “Trustee Handbook” for $30.00. The 2013 being the last
issued, Cherie made phone calls trying to find out if another publication is coming out soon.
Supervisor Nolan suggested to purchase the 2013 to view.
OLD BUSINESS – None
There was a motion to adjourn the meeting by Trustee Standish with a second by Trustee Hellriegel. Voice
vote: Motion carried.
Meeting adjourned at 8:16 p.m.
Susan Coffey, Clerk