2018.10.08 Meeting Minutes
GREEN GARDEN TOWNSHIP
OCTOBER 8, 2018
The regular meeting was called to order by Supervisor Nolan at 7:00 p.m.
In attendance were Trustees Standish, Wagner, Hellriegel, Newton, Commissioner Massat,
Supervisor Nolan, and Clerk Coffey.
The Pledge of Allegiance was recited.
Clerk Coffey read the minutes of the regular meeting held September 10, 2018. There was a
motion to approve the minutes by Trustee Wagner with a second by Trustee Newton. Voice
vote: Motion carried.
PUBLIC COMMENTS – None
● Turnstone Group going before Frankfort for the Crystal Brook subdivision regarding
covenant relief for less ornate bridge, parkland, & access road to adjoining subdivision.
Group would like to see momentum going before completing.
● Turnstone Group also owns Palomino Trace, questioning quality of housing, smaller lots,
vinyl siding, roof pitches, Zach Brown does not support the changes, nor does he think
frankfort will. Chairman Murday has met one of the individuals from the development,
and will keep this on the radar.
HIGHWAY COMMISSIONER’S REPORT – Nothing
TRUSTEE’S REPORT –
● Trustee Newton gave status update for Mrs. Bushong (prospective Assessor), discussed
reimbursement for estimated expenses pertaining to Jane’s certification. 6 courses,
around $300.00 a course, $6000.00 in computers, $1000.00 yearly maintenance. New
laws may require increase in costs. Trustee Standish questions $1800.00 in classes &
suggests vouchers to be paid back. Supervisor Nolan wants to move forward citing
inaccuracies regarding farm & residential. Trustee Newton supports reimbursement.
Trustee Wagner states “no disrespect” but he paid for his own education, worried what
residents will think.
● Trustee Newton made a motion to reimburse certification costs to Mrs. Bushong with a
second by Trustee Wagner. Roll call vote: Newton, yes; Wagner, yes; Standish, yes;
Hellriegel, yes; Nolan, yes. Motion carried 5-0.
● Trustee Standish passed out a revision to Comprehensive Plan, wanting approval for
submission. One document was different than other 4 submitted. Commissioner Massat
stated he met with County, and Trustee Standish typed proposal. Supervisor Nolan
stated this was not on agenda, no vote.
● AFR extension may not be needed this year.
OLD BUSINESS – None
● Pre Truth in Taxation discussion for 2019 budget. Supervisor Nolan would like to see a
10 to 15% reduction, Commissioner Massat opposed, Trustee Standish would rather
see homeowner rebates, Trustee Newton stated that would be a costly endeavor.
Trustee Standish opposed. Trustee Hellriegel stated this would not decrease taxes and
we would not get the money back, suggesting to look into offering social & senior
services to the community. Further discussion on how cuts do not make sense.
● Mrs. Bushong brought up the topic of building & improvements made on some properties
without pulling permits. Some have been reported to County, with no follow-up. Where
do we stand? Bob responded “County doesn’t care.”
There was a motion to adjourn the meeting by Trustee Wagner with a second by Trustee
Hellriegel. Voice vote: Motion carried.
Meeting adjourned at 9:11 p.m.
Susan Coffey, Clerk