2019.02.11 Meeting Minutes
GREEN GARDEN TOWNSHIP
FEBRUARY 11, 2019
The regular meeting was called to order by Trustee Newton at 7:04 p.m.
The Pledge of Allegiance was recited.
Trustee Newton stated Supervisor Nolan was out of town and he asked her to conduct meeting.
Trustee Newton asked if anyone objected? None opposed.
In attendance were Trustees Newton, Standish, Hellriegel, Wagner, Commissioner Massat, and
Clerk Coffey read the minutes of the regular meeting held January 14, 2019. There was a
motion to approve the minutes by Trustee Wagner, with a second by Trustee Standish. Voice
vote: Motion carried.
● Mr. Striggow questioned the money loaned to the Road District from the Township.
Trustee Wagner responded New Town Hall monies used for interest free loan. Mr.
Striggow asks if it will be paid back? Board responds: yes.
● Nothing for February or March.
● Chairman Murday reports pre-application Special Use Permit for firearms dealer with
indoor shooting range on A-1 located at 23430 S RT 45, they have been instructed to
meet with Board. Contact Josh Cassidy with inquiries. Commissioner Massat states can’t
be A-1 selling guns.
HIGHWAY COMMISSIONER’S REPORT – Nothing
● Trustee Standish supplied information regarding Will Ride Dial A Ride program, Wendie
Garlich (mobility manager) willing to meet with Board to further explain program.
SUPERVISOR’S REPORT – Supervisor Nolan out of town, left Road District checklist.
NEW BUSINESS – None
● Mrs. Bushong reports insightful meeting with Joe Kral (Frankfort Assessor)
● Has received laptop, County information loaded as of Feb. 5. Her responsibility here on
out with county to oversee & stay in play until certification is complete. County to still
handle new construction. Jane to enter data with regular updates to County, we are
responsible for data and costs for any lost data needed to be retrieved.
● File cabinets with previous Assessor records need to be picked up from County. Jane
concerned about security at Town Hall for the files. Commissioner Massat explains
HOA’s and football program have keys. Jane has expressed to Supervisor Nolan, she
cannot have residents coming to her home, and insurance issues regarding files at her
● Mr. Striggow states, all Township offices should be in a public place and feels TOI will
have issues with her not being a certified Assessor and County is placing burden on
Jane. How are they charging?
● Further discussion about county software system, amazing tools, Quad year
approaching, need for more programs, virus protection, back-up, and costs.
● Trustee Newton to follow up with Supervisor Nolan to contact County Assessor
There was a motion to adjourn the meeting by Trustee Hellriegel, with a second by Trustee
Standish. Voice vote: Motion carried.
Meeting adjourned at 8:02 p.m.
Susan Coffey, Clerk