2021.06 June Assessor’s Report
Green Garden Township Assessor’s June 2021 Report For review at July 12, 2021 Township meeting
Jane Bushong, CIAO Assessor, Green Garden Township
On-going, standard Assessor tasks/projects
- Appraiser, Real Estate, attorney, county and resident requests.
- Visit new construction sites to apply assessed values as soon as occupancy is complete.
- Data entry into PAMS system: property record card information, Sales, Permits, Appeals, photos, exemption paperwork, correspondence, new construction drawings and inquiries into PAMS. Change assessments in 2021 as necessary.
- Appeal work.
- Commercial / Industrial property assessment work and comparables
- Sub division comparable reports created & maintained
- Land AV comparable reports created & maintained
- General office and personnel management
Hired two new contracted field staff for measuring, drawing and taking photos of new construction and properties which are missing property record cards.
The Assessor’s office is making every attempt to notify residents in advance to let them know we will be coming out soon.
All of this work will eventually be entered into PAMS, creating new Property Record Cards and assessments.
Completed at the 2021 Township Level
Township level closed in June, 2021
There were 116 property assessment changes submitted. This does not count adjustments requested for prior years. *
Of those 116, the following total assessment amounts were changed:
- Farmland values was 35,151 in assessed values, now 35,151
– NO change
- Improved Land (residential land) was 2,768,253, now 3,589561, an INCREASE of 821,308
- Other or Farm building values were 129,594, now 140,406, an INCREASE of 10,812
- Non-Farm buildings (homes, etc) were 7,384,402, now 11,360,563, an INCREASE of 3,976,161
- Assessment TOTALS for those 116 properties WAS 10,317,400 NOW 15,125,681 resulting in an INCREASE of 4,808,281 in assessed values *
* This does not include additional Certificate of Error or other Assessment Revisions submitted yet have not yet been approved.
- TOI seminar – attended “ When a disaster hits, we’ll get you through “
IPWMAN is the Illinois Public Works Mutual Aid Network which is setup and equipped to assist municipalities, townships, etc. with immediate equipment, manpower, training and organization in the event of a disaster (such as a tornado).
IPWMAN provides access to state wide resources
TOI is offering FREE membership to IPWMAN if the township signs up this year. After 2021, it appears the membership will cost Green Garden $100 annually.
This is an important and valuable service which should be looked into for our township protection.