2021.10 October Assessor Report
November 8, 2021/
Green Garden Township Assessor’s October, 2021 Report For review at November 8, 2021 Township meeting
Jane Bushong, CIAO Assessor, Green Garden Township
On-going, standard Assessor tasks/projects
- Appraiser, Real Estate, attorney, county and resident requests – often extensive.
- Visit new construction sites to apply assessed values as soon as occupancy is complete.
- Data entry into PAMS system: property record card information, Sales, Permits, Appeals, photos, exemption paperwork, correspondence, new construction drawings and inquiries into PAMS. Change assessments in 2021 as necessary.
- Appeal work.
- Commercial / Industrial property assessment work and comparables
- Sub division comparable reports created & maintained
- Land AV comparable reports created & maintained
- General office and personnel management
- Site visits as needed to determine new construction, farm qualifications, verification of PRC’s
- Management tasks: Assessor office expenses, monthly reports, budget reviews, staff payroll, IT issues, office supply/inventory management.
Please note: for the purpose of accuracy, the Assessor will attempt to record each general, township or committee meeting in the future.
Board of Review Appeals
Continued work for first round of BOR appeals is in process.
Most BOR appeal in-person hearings have been scheduled in November
Assessor Office physical location move
- Assessor moved file cabinets (THANK YOU JIM HILLIARD & Staff) into the new Assessor office. Some supplies had been previously moved over. Desk will be moved over this week.
- Additional moving tasks are in the process and being planned as well as interview process for Office Manager.
- This new office space will allow the Assessor’s office to begin hiring STAFF as well as provide a location for the Assessor to directly meet with constituents.
Projected Levy amounts
- As I am sure Bill Wagner will report on in more detail, the preliminary Equalized Assessed Values for 2021 from Green Garden Township assessments are as follows:
- 2021 EAV is at 197,572,698
- 2020 EAV was 175,582,981
- This is an increase of 21,989,717 in EAV value from Green Garden Township properties.
- I am working on providing Bill a breakdown of how much of that roughly 22 million EAV increase is directly from NEW construction versus Additions or Improvements.
- SUMMARY – this significant increase will provide added revenue to all of the Green Garden Township Taxing Bodies.