March 14, 2022/
Green Garden Township Assessor’s February, 2022 Report For review at March 14, 2022 Township meeting
Jane Bushong, CIAO Assessor, Green Garden Township
On-going, standard Assessor tasks/projects
- Appraiser, Real Estate, attorney, county and resident requests – often extensive.
- Visit new construction sites to apply assessed values as soon as occupancy is complete.
- Data entry into PAMS system: property record card information, Sales, Permits, Appeals, photos, exemption paperwork, correspondence, new construction drawings and inquiries into PAMS.
- Appeal work.
- Commercial / Industrial property assessment work and comparables
- Sub division comparable reports created & maintained
- Land AV comparable reports created & maintained
- General office and personnel management
- Site visits as needed to determine new construction, farm qualifications, verification of PRC’s
- Management tasks: Assessor office expenses, monthly reports, budget reviews, staff payroll, IT issues, office supply/inventory management.
February tasks and information
- Soft Appeals now open
- The 2022 Green Garden Township Assessor Soft Appeal forms and instructions are now posted on the GGT website. Additional copies are available in the back of the Town Hall. The 2022 deadline for Soft Appeals is May 16, 2022.
- Thank you in advance for this future correction!
- The Assessor’s office is back to working hard on ensuring entire neighborhoods and subdivisions are equalized fairly. Adjustments will be made as justified.
- These are the exemptions which normally require a new application each year, such as the Senior Freeze, Disability Exemptions,
- For the last two years, the state allowed an automatic roll-over of these exemptions. This year, a submitted application renewal will be required. The Supervisor of Assessments is mailing out renewal forms on April 15th to those who previously had those exemptions.
Senior Assessment Events
- The SOA office will be hosting 8 Senior Events. Each of these will be posted on their website very soon.