Green Garden Township Assessor’s August 2022 Report
For review at the September 12, 2022 Township meeting
Jane Bushong, Certified Illinois Assessment Officer
Assessor, Green Garden Township
On-going, standard Assessor tasks/projects
- Appraiser, Real Estate, attorney, county and resident requests
- Visit new construction sites to apply assessed values as soon as occupancy is complete.
- Data entry into PAMS system: property record card information, Sales, Permits, Appeals, photos, exemption paperwork, correspondence, new construction drawings and inquiries into PAMS.
- Appeal work: Soft appeals in the spring and BOR related appeals late summer-fall.
- Commercial / Industrial property assessment work and comparables
- Subdivision and rural comparable reports created & maintained
- Land AV comparable reports created & maintained
- Commercial / Industrial comparable reports created & maintained
- General office and personnel management
- Site visits as needed to determine new construction, farm qualifications, verification of PRC’s, updates to field check & new construction lists.
- Management tasks: Assessor office expenses and reconciliation, monthly reports, budget reviews, expense reconciliation, staff payroll and training, IT issues, office supply/inventory management, data backups and processing.
- Equalizing neighborhoods – continuing work on compiling data, sales, updates, etc. to review and identify inequities and adjust assessments if justified and timely.
- Assessment education classes as required or needed
- Other tasks as requested by Township Supervisor
- Monthly meetings with Township Supervisor if requested.
- Monthly Assessor and County Assessment meetings as required.
Assessor Office statistics for August, 2022
- Entered / Updated new Sales data records– 4
- Entered / Updated Exemption data records – 0
- Entered / Updated Frankfort building permits – 0
- Entered / Updated Will County building permits – 0
- Entered / Updated Road Permits – 0
- Entered / Updated Property Records – 1
- Entered / Updated Comparables – 0
- Inquiries (customers, appraisers, misc.) – 72
- Soft or Pre-BOR appeals in process – 24
- SOA transmissions – 4
- SOA tasks / adjustments – 3
- Office staff or clerical assistance – 0
- Field staff hired on a contracted, temporary basis – 2
August tasks and information
- Contracted field technicians measured and inspected many new construction homes and structures during the month of August. Final drawings, photographs and data entry of that information in process.
- Assisted in creating the Assessor portion of the new GGT website. Additional information forthcoming.
- Revised tax bills received early August created a huge increase in resident inquiries and appeal requests. Many requests still pending.
- Thank you Jim Hilliard for providing a copy of the Farmer’s Weekly newspaper to the Assessor office so I did not have to pay the $25 subscription.
- Working on getting the 2022 new construction assessed and entered into the system.