Green Garden Township Assessor’s May Report
For review at the June 13, 2022 Township meeting
Jane Bushong, CIAO
Assessor, Green Garden Township
On-going, standard Assessor tasks/projects
• Appraiser, Real Estate, attorney, county and resident requests
• Visit new construction sites to apply assessed values as soon as occupancy is complete.
• Data entry into PAMS system: property record card information, Sales, Permits, Appeals,
photos, exemption paperwork, correspondence, new construction drawings and inquiries into
• Appeal work: Soft appeals in the spring and BOR appeals late summer-fall.
• Commercial / Industrial property assessment work and comparables
• Subdivision and rural comparable reports created & maintained
• Land AV comparable reports created & maintained
• Commercial / Industrial comparable reports created & maintained
• General office and personnel management
• Site visits as needed to determine new construction, farm qualifications, verification of PRC’s,
updates to field check & new construction lists.
• Management tasks: Assessor office expenses and reconciliation, monthly reports, budget
reviews, staff payroll and training, IT issues, office supply/inventory management, data
backups and processing.
• Equalizing neighborhoods – continuing work on compiling data, sales, updates, etc. to review
and identify inequities and adjust assessments if justified and timely.
Assessor Office statistics for May, 2022
• Entered / Updated new Sales data records– 5
• Entered / Updated Exemption data records – 5
• Entered / Updated Frankfort building permits – 4
• Entered / Updated Will County building permits – 13
• Entered / Updated Road Permits – 0
• Entered / Updated Property Records – 63
• Entered / Updated Comparables – 142
• Inquiries (customers, appraisers, misc.) – 44
• Soft appeals in process – 5
• SOA transmissions – 4
• SOA tasks / adjustments – 12
May tasks and information
• Assessor Appeal timelines or dates to be aware of:
o Soft Appeal submissions closed at the end of May, 2022
§ GGT soft appeals are gaining in popularity as an easy way to determine if your
property assessed value is equitable.
o Property assessment notices are mailed out and published in the Farmers Weekly on
o Board of Review Appeals open on August 10th
o Board of Review Appeal submissions close on September 12th
• 2022 Exemption Event Dates which the SOA office is hosting:
o The SOA office will be hosting eight Exemption Events in 2022 throughout Will County.
Many are for residents only (in certain areas). Those events open to Green Garden
residents are as follows:
§ June 14, 2022 Tuesday 10:00 am – 2:00 pm at First United Methodist Church
located at 401 E Kahler Rd, Wilmington
§ August 24 – 28, 2022 Wednesday – Sunday 10:00 am – 8:00 pm at the Will
County Fair Atrium, located at 710 S West Street, Peotone, IL
o Copies of these exemption date and locations are also available on the Will County
• Understanding your TAX bill
o The Assessors office receives many inquiries regarding tax bills and the assessment
§ I have put together some printed information which may help explain this process
– you can pick up a copy on your way out today. This information can also be
emailed to you by contacting the Assessor’s office.